Mecum Portland auction hits $8.3 million in sales
Mecum Auctions sold 8.3 million worth of vehicles at its third Portland auction at the Expo Center on June 22 and 23.
That compares to $9 million in 2016 and $6.3 million in 2017. Before this year's auction,
Large crowds of buyers, sellers and spectators filled the Expo Center on both Friday and Saturday. Sales were topped by a Mark IV Red 2005 Ford GT with just 2,741 miles that brought $214,500, followed by a 5-speed diesel-engine 1984 Land Rover Defender 110 that sold for $121,000. Other top sellers included a heavily customized 1950 Chevrolet COE Flatbed that brought $104,500 and a 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible that demanded $93,500.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Portland 2018 auction include:
• 2005 Ford GT at $214,500
• 1984 Land Rover Defender 110 at $121,000
• 1950 Chevrolet COE Flatbed at $104,500
• 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $93,500
• 1972 DeTomaso Pantera at $88,000
• 1965 Cobra Replica at $83,600
• 1970 Plymouth Cuda at $82,500
• 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Resto Mod at $82,500
• 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $79,200
• 1962 Chevrolet Biscayne (Lot S72) at $78,100
Mecum conducts 14 collector car, truck and motorcycle auctions a year. The next one will be held Aug. 2-4 in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and will feature a 1,000-vehicle lineup, followed by The Daytime Auction on Aug. 23-25 in Monterey, California, featuring 600 classic, collector and exotic cars.
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at www.mecum.com. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit the website or call (262) 275-5050.